HashDNA Art Engine - A visual 10k NFT generator for artists

When I was helping artists generate 10k NFTs a year ago, I was using the great HashLips Art Engine, a tool so powerful and groundbreaking that it took me two days to learn how to use it.HashLips is developed based on Node.js. First, you need to download and install Node.js and VS Code, and then use VS Code to install dependencies, configure layer files, etc. Using the tool is difficult for artists with no programming background. That’s when I got the idea to develop a simpler visual art engine.

After more than a month of development, HashDNA Art Engine v1.0.0 is completed. This is a tool software for artists designed to help artists generate 10K images freely and easily without programming knowledge. The software basically realizes my idea:

• Different groupings of NFTs are distinguished by multiple “class” folders without the need for complex configuration files.
  • Visual adjustment layer order, number of NFTs per group, bypass DNA.
  • Friendly metadata and image parameter setting window. Support eth and sol network metadata format, metadata extension, input error reminder, etc. The image supports resizing, generating background color, etc.
  • Supports automatic updating of pictures and json files (renumbering and random order) after selecting and deleting pictures.
  • Some practical tools have been developed, including updating the content of the json file, adjusting the Name number in the json, and adjusting the size of the generated image, etc.

HashDNA Art Engine refers to a part of the code of HashLips Art Engine, and the sample material comes from CryptoPunksNotDead.

Next plan:

• Recruited and established a HashDNA project team to improve and promote the HashDNA Art Engine.
  • Develop multi-desktop system HashDNA Art Engine based on QT or Electron.
  • Create a series of HashDNA utilities, specially prepared for artists, to be a bridge between artists and Crypto.

The following is a demo video and software screenshots I made.

一年前我帮助艺术家生成10k NFT的时候,使用的是伟大的HashLips Art Engine,该工具非常强大且具有开创性,我花了两天来学习如何使用这个工具。HashLips是基于Node.js开发的,首先需要下载安装Node.js和VS Code,然后使用VS Code安装依赖项、配置图层文件等。对于没有编程基础的艺术家来说,使用该工具是困难的。那时候我产生了开发一套更简单的可视化艺术引擎的主意。

通过一个多月的开发,HashDNA Art Engine v1.0.0完成了。这是一个专为艺术家准备的工具软件,该软件旨在帮助艺术家自由轻松地生成10K图像,而无需编程知识。软件基本实现了我的想法:

• 通过多个“类”文件夹来区分不同分组的NFT,而不需要复杂的配置文件。
  • 可视化的调整图层顺序、每组NFT数量、bypass DNA。
  • 友好的metadata和图片参数设置窗口。支持eth和sol网metadata格式、metadata扩展、输入错误提醒等。图片支持调整大小、生成背景颜色等。
  • 支持挑选删除图片后自动更新图片和json文件(重新编号和随机顺序)。
  • 开发了一些实用小工具,包括更新json文件内容、调整json 中Name编号、调整生成后的图片大小等。

HashDNA Art Engine参考了HashLips Art Engine的一部分代码,示例材料来自CryptoPunksNotDead.

下一步计划:

• 招募成立HashDNA项目组,完善并推广HashDNA Art Engine。
  • 基于QT或Electron开发多桌面系统HashDNA Art Engine 。
  • 打造出一系列HashDNA实用工具,专为艺术家准备,成为连接艺术家和Crypto的桥梁。

以下是我做的一个演示视频和软件截图:

source code:

Demo:

1 Like

Wow Cool! Looking forward to seeing the proposal for this project.

The idea is great, aiming for Artist to create and manage 10k NFT images, but I think the UI/UX still has room to improve. Also, it might be easier to use Web tech like Node.js + Electron to achieve cross-OS features. At the moment, it uses C++, not very easy to maintain for other developers.

1 Like

Thank you Bruce for your opinion! Currently HashDNA is just a tool software, and there will not be too many iterative development requirements. I want to try to promote HashDNA in the artist circle first. If the feedback is good, we will use Electron to develop a cross-platform version.

谢谢Bruce的意见! 目前HashDNA只是一个工具软件,不会有太多的迭代开发需求。我的想法是先在艺术家圈子推广HashDNA试试,如果反馈比较好的话,我们再用Electron开发跨平台的版本。

1 Like