Improve Mirror Editing experience

https://mirror.xyz/ is a good project, but the Chinese editing experience is awful and buggy. So in this topic, we can collect some experience issues from Mirror and see what we can do to improve.

After collecting those issues, we will analyze them and see how to fix them. Then make a proposal to create a Mirror Improving Project.

After we analyze the issues, we can do the following things:

• Check if the issue exists in open source projects that Mirror used, try to improve and tell the Mirror team to upgrade. The editor the Mirror using is a open source project GitHub - ProseMirror/prosemirror: The ProseMirror WYSIWYM editor
  • If not, contact the Mirror team to see if we can contribute to the code in a Web3 and open source way.
  • If not, provide the technical details to their Frontend developers and push them to solve
  • If not, consider creating some 3rd party posting tools

Our target is to improve the editing experience.

1 Like

I found one annoying issue is about parsing Chinese punctuation:

Bug reproducing video here:

Also, I found the root cause is in the open source project GitHub - ProseMirror/prosemirror-markdown: ProseMirror Markdown integration. There are bugs in the parser. You can try with the following test cases in the test/test-parse.ts:

console.log(
    JSON.stringify(
      defaultMarkdownParser.parse(
        '这是一句中文,**这是一句包括标点加粗的中文。**这是一句中文。'
      )
    )
  );
  console.log(
    JSON.stringify(
      defaultMarkdownParser.parse(
        '这是一句中文,**这是一句包括标点加粗的中文**。这是一句中文。'
      )
    )
  );
  it('parses Chines marks', () =>
    same(
      '这是一句中文,**这是一句包括标点加粗的中文。**这是一句中文。',
      doc(
        p(
          '这是一句中文,',
          strong('这是一句包括标点加粗的中文。'),
          '这是一句中文。'
        )
      )
    ));

Later, after collecting enough issues, we can take a look and solve them together.

Uploading Video and Audio is not supported.

After a while, no more experience issues were received, so I will make a proposal to start a recurring project for the Mirror experience improvement project.

Proposal has made Proposal: Mirror.xyz editing experience improvement project