This program is proposed to promote the activity inside and outside the DAO, as well as to activate the entire DAO buidler and community members to participate in the DAO, and to motivate more people to participate in the project and attract more attention in this way.
At the moment, I am concerned about several issues with LXDAO at the moment
- Buidler participation in voting is not ideal
- The incentive effect of LXP is not obvious
- Some Buidlers don’t have a good understanding of the whole DAO map
Why we propose this solution？
- Encourage community participation: Airdrops are a way to engage the community, and for Web3 as well as the DAO community, by airdropping, more people can be motivated to participate in the project and attract more attention and support
- Incentivize contributions: Many people in the Web3 ecosystem invest a lot of time and effort in developing, promoting, and maintaining various projects. Airdrop tokens are a way to incentivize these contributors, and they can be rewarded with tokens to encourage them to continue contributing to the project.
- Build a broader community: By airdropping tokens, a tighter community can be built, providing better support for the long-term development of the project. Participants may pay more attention to the project and participate in discussions, testing, promotion, etc. as a result of receiving tokens, which helps form a more active and vibrant community
What will we do?
- Determine eligibility: It is necessary to determine who meets the criteria for an active contributor to Web3. This may include people involved in development, community management, writing, or other relevant contributions.
- Develop an airdrop plan: Once eligibility is determined, the plan should include which tokens will be airdropped and how many tokens each participant will receive.
- Determine tokens: Which tokens can be airdropped in the current or next cycle of DAO
- Determine the number of airdrops: the number of airdrops depends on the overall budget
- Publicity plan: Once the airdrop plan is determined, we will publicize it through various media channels
- Distribute tokens: Collect participants’ wallet addresses and send tokens to their wallets
- Follow up and evaluation: The results of the airdrop program need to be followed up and evaluated
1. Determining eligibility
LXDAO currently participates in a variety of contribution methods, including project development, operations, design, marketing, project management, research, etc.
According to the 积分发放标准参考 （WIP）, we have defined the content in it as a category of contribution criteria
At the same time, I think that in terms of governance and activity, participation, voting, DC activity, forum ideas, proposals, collaborations, etc., should also be considered as a way to participate in LXDAO contributions
Here I have made a table about the contribution category
|Class I contribution criteria (reference for point issuance criteria)||Development, operations, design, marketing, project management, research contributions|
|Governance||Voting, forum idea, proposal|
|Activity||Attendance, questions, DC activity (punch cards, comments,), product usage, Interaction in the product chain|
|Others||External guests, cooperation counterparts, Advisor|
The recorder needs to organize the various contribution criteria and matching contribution levels and contributors, and publicize them in the community
2. Developing the airdrop plan
The airdrop program I believe will be revised and formally launched after the funding based on feedback from Buidler and the community, with 3 key points of discussion for the program
- Which tokens will be airdropped
- How many tokens each participant receives
- Weighting of the different rewards（Time-based algorithms）
3. Determining the Token
According to the overall strategy and development plan of DAO, the airdrop portion of the tokens will account for a certain share of the overall total
We determine 2 principles when airdropping tokens
- the earlier you get the LXP, the more tokens you will get from the airdrop
- the more you contribute, the more tokens you will get
4. Determine the number of airdrops
It is expected that about 1~2% of the tokens will be used for airdrop
5. Publicity Plan
Publicity plan will be the responsibility of the operation team (need the operation team to help develop the plan)
6. Distribution of tokens
Distribution of tokens will be handled by the multi-signature team and recorded by the accounting team (multi-signature team needed, accounting team to help plan)
7. Follow up and evaluation
It is necessary to follow up and evaluate the effect of this program for the whole DAO.
- Activity: growth of community members, use of the product, growth of followers in the main media and promotion in external media
- Governance: the willingness and motivation of community members to participate in governance: the presentation of forum ideas, the voting of proposals, the incubation of working groups and project teams, and the number of LXP points issued
- financial evaluation: the financial status of the airdrop program after implementation, the financial gain for DAO in one quarter
- Long-term impact: DAO’s brand, consensus, and cultural export effect
What problems do we encounter?
- the statistical problem of activity: the regular airdrop is issued based on poap, most of our participants are centralized software, and there is no proof on the chain, the statistical method is not so ‘Web3’, and there will be a certain error in the statistics
- the issue of follow up and evaluation cycle
- determine the snapshot time: this will be discussed by the community