Web3 task bounty and task acceleration platform

I want to design a product about a Web3 bounty task platform, which also has the function of aggregating task completion
The inspiration was a recent encounter on DAO governance regarding the fast approval of small LXP, and a problem involving some external co-development requirements, Requirements can relate to development, operations, community growth, design, product,etc…

Function

For Project: Smaller requirements that need to be outsourced can be raised in this product and the bounty to be paid for the requirement can then be credited to the pool
For users: You can set your skills and then look on the product to find a need that you can do and then choose to accept the need
When the task is completed, the party receiving the demand provides a pow, the project party confirms it, clicks confirm and the token locked in the pool is unlocked and credited to the wallet of the user who completed the demand

2 Likes

Competitor Analysis

In the Web3 Industry, there are a number of similar products:

• Layer3, Dework, Aika, Project Galaxy, and, Rabbithole, etc…

I will analyse each of these products in order to show the differences and advantages of my product design.

Layer3

Link: Bounties - Layer3

The task set in Layer3 is more about screening out quality and loyal users for the project than identifying developers better suited to the requirements, which is a little different from what I had in mind. The aim of the product I envisage is for the project to identify developers better suited to fulfilling the needs of the product and match the rewards
Also, in the competition, layer3 rewards tokens, but it is a multiple choice or multiple choice, not a 1-to-1 project and developer
Eg:

The product requirements that I envisage are listed as
The project Task: 1000 followers growth on Twitter
Each task can only be accepted by one person and the reward will only be given to the person who completes the requirement, no competition system

Feel free to share in the Community Call!

Sounds like a Freelancer Platform for web3 builder.
I remember a similar product: https://kleoverse.com/, which has gotten 1.2M funding, and you can look into it.
I think the demand is really exist. Some web3 task platforms like Galxe, Quest3, and Pyme, although they focus on helping project owners to find users at present, the explosion of such projects proves the desire of the project to gain active users, which is a relative clear opportunity. And the opportunity hidden under the ice is the demand of the web3 project side for marketing Talent, which may be a clear direction for now.
However, the tool may face competition from the above-mentioned platform(Galxe, Quest3; they can add a new feature like yours) in the future, which also needs to be considered.

1 Like

我理解 dework 基本可以满足任务悬赏看板的需求,而且他也有为任务注入 token 的功能,不过好像缺了自动质押和转账的功能,不过感觉真正的痛点,还是任务发布和悬赏,这块感觉 dework 做的还可以,可以试用一下。

there is also

I am working on something that is somewhat related.

https://twitter.com/spirobel/status/1591350820708442112

It is an upwork style remote worker platform. I want to focus on Afghanistan because upwork is not allowed there. It is very informal at the moment and we use Monero for payment.

Lets brainstorm together how this kind of concept can be moved forward and where we can add value!
:slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Great, feel free to brainstorm with me, I’ve been researching similar products and doing competitive analysis recently

Yes, Dework, which I’ve been working on recently, is more like posting tasks within the DAO and having the people who join the corresponding DAO do them, and it doesn’t have a simple and effective system for scoring people’s skills

scoring people’s skills is not part of task platform.
it should be part of dao tools or did.
and task system / pay system / profile system / score system
but it so comflex, it wont be a good product if do this all. and developing such a system would also be very difficult

Agree, our Buidler profile is the profile system. And we are planning the pay system.

which tech stack do you want to use to build this?

Hi Spirobel, we have a developer guide for tech stacks, feel free to take a look: GitHub - lxdao-official/LXDAO-Developer-Guide: LXDAO Develop Guide

1 Like

Most of the recommendations make sense.

But why choose MUI over tailwind?

Another thing I am surprised by is that you use CRA for your extensions:GitHub - lxdao-official/mobymask-extension

Why not use vite?

Regarding the topic:

How can the tool assist the decision making process on what a quality and loyal user is?
How can we avoid centralization when it comes to making these decisions?

From our experience, tailwind is not good for long-term maintenance, and many classes are everywhere. This isn’t a good choice.

They are both fine, but we prefer React ecosystem.

Btw, how is it going on your projects? What are you working on recently?

some structure is needed that is for sure.
The issue with component libraries is that they are just too limited and opinionated.

I agree with this. I also prefer react. But vite is much better compared to webpack and CRA. For web the nextjs pipeline DX is better than vite, but when it comes to browser extensions it does not make sense to use next, so vite ends up on top
nextjs > vite > CRA/webpack

It is also possible to use vite with react. There is no need to use vue.

A while ago I wrote a Monero subscriptions plugin for Discourse:
https://twitter.com/spirobel/status/1595949928634667008

Currently I am working on a browser extension.

When we develop our first chrome extension, We do not know much about vite ecology. Especially in projects developing chrome extension, and we didn’t have much time to figure out the details. so we find a demo in github, and use it create our first extension.

Create React App is so poor. Its configuration is too complex. if we have enough time. we should can make a good chrome extesion starter.

1 Like

Maybe I can help with that. I wrote a Browser wallet for Monero last year.

I had to research the proper way to build browser extensions and browser wallets during the process.

Regarding the topic of the task bounty platform: It seems like every chain faces this issue. The Monero community as well. Maybe we can make it blockchain agnostic and then charge the different projects for integration, hosting and support.