EIPs Fun Proposal
EIPs play a crucial role in Web3 Development, but navigating and understanding the official EIPs website (https://eips.ethereum.org/) can be challenging for developers (of course it’s concise). Although there is an abundance of informative articles, code examples, and videos about EIPs, the official website cannot include them.
Our project aims to uncover the potential of EIPs, making them more accessible and enjoyable for developers. We will design some tools and workflow for them. By doing so, we hope to advance the growth of the entire ecosystem.
The significance of Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs) in the development of Web3 cannot be overstated. We have all seen how Tokens (ERC-20) and NFTs (ERC-721, ERC-1155) have transformed the world and propelled the growth of Web3.
However, despite the importance of EIPs, there is still a large number of developers who face challenges in understanding and participating in the development of EIPs. The official website https://eips.ethereum.org/ provides limited information and resources, leaving a gap that needs to be filled by the COMMUNITY!
Our goal is to address the following issues:
- To increase awareness and understanding of EIPs among developers and Web3 users, including how EIPs work, how to contribute, and how to use them
- To provide a tool or newsletter to help developers keep track of the progress of EIPs and stay updated with the latest information and resources
- To establish a Grants Pool for funding the advancement of EIPs, including supporting researchers, tech writers, authors, and startups based on EIPs
To achieve these goals, we propose the following solution:
- Website: develop a comprehensive and user-friendly website, EIPs.fun, to provide a better learning experience for EIPs. The website will offer a wealth of resources and high-quality content to help readers quickly understand EIPs.
- Newsletter: create a newsletter specifically for developers and researchers, covering updates on EIP status, new EIPs, learning resources, and projects related to EIPs. The newsletter will be sent out on a weekly basis and could also include daily automated newsletters that introduce random EIPs.
- Grants Pool: establish a Grants Pool for funding the ecosystem of EIPs. This pool will be funded by donations from authors, fans, and successful projects based on the EIPs. Researchers, writers, and developers can then apply for grants from the pool to advance their work on EIPs.
- Low-priority works like: Twitter bots, Discord bots, Chrome Web Extensions, etc.
- Operations: Podcasts, Twitter Space, Content writing, etc.
For a detailed prototype, please refer: https://www.figma.com/file/czwUjTpivIGIgYsI2UiQdu/Untitled?node-id=0%3A1&t=5wOjAAkddNzxXNnl-0
- Content will be based on GitHub and Markdown for ease of collaboration and version control
- A well-designed home page with a search feature will be provided
- Tutorials for EIPs will be available
- Subscription to the newsletter will be offered
- EIP detail page: Quick overview of the EIP, updates, related articles, videos, etc. and comments (based on GitHub issues), and access to the Grants Pool (where developers can apply for grants)
- In-depth introduction to hot EIPs
- Updates on EIPs
- Updates on learning resources, grants, etc.
- Products and advertisements related to EIPs or developers
- Information on donations
- The pool will be based on a smart contract for EIPs
- Donors can donate tokens to the Grants Pool using Donate3, which will be locked into the specific EIP’s Grants Pool
- The creation of SBTs and governance tokens for the Grants Pool management, and a simple DAO for managing grant applications
- Twitter bots will be used to post updates on EIPs automatically
- Discord bots will also be integrated
- A Chrome web extension will be developed to detect EIPs and provide more details
- Content writers will be hired
- Twitter space or podcasts will be used for EIP introductions and interviews with authors, to uncover the motivation and original design of the EIPs and inspire others
- The newsletter will be regularly maintained.
What are the benefits and profits for this project’s sustainable design?
- Donations from foundations, projects based on EIPs, individuals, etc.
- Reputation, as we are a public good and driving the development of Web3.
- Increase the recognition of the DAO through our media channel, reaching developers worldwide.
- Advertising revenue from newsletters and websites.
Most of the revenue will be used to sustain this project and cover operational costs. Fortunately, by leveraging GitHub and open-source technology, we aim to automate processes and minimize operational costs as much as possible.
Team settings, Milestone, and Budgets
After we buidl a basic consensus for this project and design the prototype, discuss it later.
- Successful completion of the project, including the website, tools, and other components
- Effective functioning of the Grants Pool, fostering growth and development in the EIP ecosystem
- Increased impact and recognition, measured by the number of followers, subscribers, and overall influence.